Absolutely! Here are seven…can you think of more?
- People might not like what they hear.
- You have a higher level of accountability to the commitments and promises you make.
- You will expose the “weak links” in your organization.
- It’s harder to shift the blame.
- You will have to share credit where credit is due.
- You can’t just “wing it” anymore.
- You have to come up with good reasons explaining what you are doing.
Being clear IS hard work. You can see why so many people hide behind poor communication as one of their primary “dodging” strategies. But, being clear is the kind of work that builds TRUST that allows you to accomplish much more in the long run.