As I wrap up my responsibilities as the Pastor of Communications at Trinity Church, I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting on the past nine years. With Thanksgiving around the corner, here is a short list of some of the many things I’ve been thankful for:
- My teammates – Communications is a team sport. The demands are constant and relentless. Sunday’s coming every week. It’s been said, the job of an employee is to make the boss look good….and my team has always made me look VERY good.
- The Big Picture – Most people working in a church see their ministry very well, and glimpse every now and what’s going on somewhere else. In Communications, I get to see the Lord working in all areas of the church…and it’s exciting!
- The People – Working in a church you get to meet some of the nicest people. Godly men and women who have spent their lives growing in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus. You get to hear their stories of coming to faith, growing in their faith and watch their lives up close as they live out their faith. Serving with and supporting their ministries is a joy.
- Light & Power – The Lord has used Jeff & Kathi McNair and Light & Power to stretch and grow me in ways I would never have imagined. I’ll miss these guys!
- Micah House – Micah House Redlands is one of those special ministries of Trinity Church. I’ve spent many an hour with the kids and leadership taking photos and volunteering. We even won a national photo essay contest!
- Missions – I have a heart for missions and at Trinity I’ve had the privilege of serving in Mexico (ten years in a row), Haiti, Russia, Romania and in February, Thailand. To think, before coming to Trinity, I didn’t even have a passport!
- Productivity – Here is a short list what we’ve we’ve been able to accomplish
104 Connections Magazines
473 Worship Folders
291 Weekly eNews emails
668 Instagram photos
1,752 Facebook and Twitter posts
1,195 Sermons online (almost 23 years worth!)
801 YouTube videos with 300,000+ views (including Elizabeth Inrig’s post on Modesty that went viral with over 59,000 views!)
100,000+ photos of Trinity events, mission trips and more!
2,100,000+ million hits on the Trinity website
As you can see, it’s been a wild ride! There is so much more I could say…and so many people I could thank. It’s been a privilege to serve our Lord and this church.
Please continue to pray for my family and me. This is both an exciting and scary time as we look forward to seeing where the Lord will have us serve next. I’ll be cheering Trinity from the side and looking forward to hearing about Trinty as she enters this next season of her life and ministry.
God’s richest blessings,
PS. Feel free to pass on my resume. You never know what method the Lord will use to open a door : ) bruceherwig.wordpress/resume