Goals, wishes, objectives or directives, whatever you call them, we all need them. It’s good to have something out there so you can get a sense of how well you’re doing at your job.
I’m sure there are others that can be added, but these are mine.
- The number one job of the communications director is to ELIMINATE CONFUSION.
- The preaching pastor’s job it to proclaim the WORD of God…my job is to proclaim the current on ongoing WORKS of God that are happening at the church.
- Close the “celebration loop.” Make sure we are recognizing the work and results of major events.
- Maintain excellence, brand consistency, readability and clarity…speak with one voice. If a new person, unfamiliar with your church can understand what you’re saying, you’re doing the right thing.
- Innovate, stay creative, raise the bar high…then push it higher.